Here's a list of our most frequently asked questions. If you have a query not listed here or would like some more information or advice, please give our sales team a call on 0161 727 6356 during office hours (Mon-Friday 9am-5pm) or leave a message on our contact page and we will be happy to get back to you.
Q - What is a Blister Pack?
A blister pack is a pack that is manufactured from plastic that is heated in a thermoforming process so that a shape can be formed into it, similar to the way a blister forms on your skin.
Usually, a blister pack is hinged with two sides (with cavities formed in each half) that close together.
Q - What Are Blister Packs Also Known As?
Blister packs are also called clam packs, clam shells, plastic packs, and folding blisters.
Q - What Are Blister Packs Made From?
Most blister packs are made from pet which stands for polyethylene terephthalate, is a form of polyester that is extruded or moulded into plastic bottles and containers for packaging. Our products are made from rpet which has a high recycled content in it.
Q - Is rpet Plastic Harmful to The Environment?
No, rpet plastic is made from a mix of recycled materials (predominantly plastic bottles that have been hot washed and granulated into small flakes) and it is 100% recyclable after use. In order for plastic waste to be recycled we need consumers to place it into recycling bins and not dumped into oceans or the Countryside.
Q - How do I know if A Pack Is Made From Environmentally Friendly Plastic That Can Be Recycled?
Most pet and rpet packs will have the number in a triangle symbol embossed into them.
Q - What Is VIRTUWELD ?
Virtuweld is our patented closure design that enables our packs to be manually
closed to give an undetectable seal and added security without the need for ancillary sealing techniques such as High Frequency Welding, gluing or stapling.
Q - Where Are The Virtuweld Packs Made?
All the Virtuweld packs are manufactured at our factory in Manchester, England.
Q - Can I Put a Printed Card Inside The Packs
Yes, with the Virtuweld range the back of the pack is flat so the product can be placed in the front of the pack and then an insert card can be located into the back prior to closure.
Q - How do the packs hang?
All our Virtuweld blisters feature a standard sized Euroslot so that they can be hung and displayed.
Q - How Do I Choose The Most Appropriate Pack size For My Product ?
- There are a wide range of standard platforms to choose from in the Virtuweld range and each size has a selection of different generic cavities. The first thing to do is to choose an appropriate range that can accommodate the width and length of your product and then click into it to see the cavity sizes available.
- Choose the most appropriate cavity size for your product (length, width and depth) and place your order.
Q - What if you haven’t got a Virtuweld size to suit my product?
- We do have other pack sizes that we don’t sell on line but these will be subject to longer lead times and minimum orders. Please fill out the Enquiry Form giving us the details of your product size and number of units required and one of our operators will get back to you.
- We are able to make custom cavities to fit onto any of our standard platforms for an additional tooling charge and a minimum order of 10,000 units. If you want us to quote for this service please fill out the Enquiry Form together with your phone number and someone will call you to discuss.
- If you are struggling to locate an appropriate size please send your product in to us and we will be happy to pack it into the most appropriate Virtuweld blister and return it to you. Please send samples to the below address and remember to include your return address details:
FAO Virtuweld Sales
Wardley Industrial Estate
Q - How do I track my order?
When you place your order you will be sent a message with your tracking number. Click into the TRACKME section on the site and enter your tracking number to see when your delivery will be made